site contains a Directory of Professional Hunting
Operators registered with the
Namibia Tourism Board (NTB)
as is required by law. Plus a Directory of Members of the Namibia
Professional Hunters Association (NAPHA). Along with their
contact details we have included all the relevant information needed to make you
hunt in Namibia a success.
Hunting in Namibia. Why Choose Namibia For Your Hunt?
Some of the largest and best managed game and trophy hunting ranches in
Africa are to be found in Namibia, so before we proceed any further
please be advised that should you be looking for any form of 'Canned
Hunting' then you're at the wrong site and the wrong country.
The long years of
the Illegal occupation of Namibia by South Africa along with the
armed liberation struggle by the People's Liberation Army of Namibia
(PLAN) made Namibia a no-go area for most overseas based hunters
until the 'Last of the African Colonies' finally gained its
Independence on 21 March 1990. Virtually unknown to the outside
world, a vast land of some 824.269 sq km in size having a population
of less than 1,8 million people along with some of Southern Africa's
pristine quality game animals was now made accessible to the
The country's conservation policies are possibly
the most comprehensive on the continent and the regulating laws are
strictly enforced by an active and diligent Department of
Nature Conservation provides for Ethical Hunting iIn Namibia.
- High standard of animal management and conservation throughout the Namibia
Trophy Hunting Industry.
- High standard of hunting management and
- The Namibia Hunting industry that is not over
- Wide variety of game of which certain species can only legally be
hunted in Namibia e.g. Cheetah - Hartmann's Mountain Zebra - Sitatango.
- Variety landscape savannah - desert -
bush - River - Swamp
- The Namibia Trophy Hunting Industry offer excellent value for money when
compared to many other African countries.
- An African country with good infrastructure where the Namibia Trophy Hunting experience is not tainted with corrupt
- The inner satisfaction of knowing that by choosing to trophy hunt in Namibia
you will be hunting ethically.
Excellent post-hunt touring attractions
Trophy Hunting in Namibia is an industry regulated by the
Board Act, 2000 (Act No. 21 of 2000) which states,
Definition, "Trophy-Hunting Operator" means persons
conducting business by providing services and facilities to
tourists for hunting game for trophy purposes.
Namibia Trophy Hunting Operators could be
categorized as follows:
- The dedicated Game / Hunting Ranch
where the full time operation of the business is the
breeding and stocking of the ranch with game animals for the purpose of
resale and /or Trophy Hunting.
- Commercial Cattle farms where
'domestic livestock' grazes along with game animals.
Nomadic game often moves onto these farms where it is
- Licensed Professional Hunters who
have an agreement or hold a concession to hunt selected
species of game on another persons land or a concession